- UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre recently did an interview with TSN.ca. in which he told them that he is “close to getting back to 110 percent in October.” The French-Canadian fighter also mentioned that he is continuing to look to improve his game including starting yoga, and a more healthy diet.
- The UFC is making its second trip to Texas on Saturday and hopes to avoid some of the embarrassment it experienced following it’s previous trip for UFC 69. The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation does not require drug screening for combat sports, so the UFC has requested a third party conduct random testing for UFC 103. The promotion does not know which fighters will be tested, and will only be notified of positive results, should any occur. [MMAJunkie]
- The WEC recently secured a deal to air its programming on one of the few remaining Setanta Sports stations, Setanta Sports Australia. The WEC programming is scheduled to begin just prior to the October 10, WEC 43.
- At the pre-fight press conference for UFC 103 on Thursday, the president of the American Airlines Center said that the event had already eclipsed gross sales for any other sporting event held at the venue. He also said that the event’s gross ticket sales were second only to a 2005 Rolling Stones concert for any event the facility has hosted.
- Ultimate Fight Night 19 became the fifth highest attended “Fight Night” event for the UFC, attracting a crowd of 7,500 spectators to the Cox Convention Center Wednesday night. The event in Oklahoma City also garnered second ranking gross sales number for all “Fight Night” events with a live gate of $650,000.
- Former “The Ultimate Fighter 2″ cast member, Seth Petruzelli hinted that he may be making a return to the UFC following his recent victory over Chris Batten at Art of Fighting – Damage in a recent post directed at Kimbo Slice on the popular forum TheUnderground. In a subsequent post he went on to say, “(the UFC) are currently looking to get me a fight.”
- Strikeforce is reportedly in negotiation with the athletic commission for the state of Illinois to host its November 7th bout headlined by Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers. Though nothing has been made official, the Sear Centre in Hoffman Estates could play host to the CBS televised event. [ESPN]
- Ed Herman will soon undergo surgery to repair a torn ACL suffered in his August loss at UFC 102 to Aaron Simpson and will be sidelined for 9 months. [Columbian]
- Following March events in Columbus, Ohio in 2007, 2008, and 2009 to coincide with the Arnold Sports Festival, the UFC will not host an event in the city in 2010. [Dayton Daily News]
UFC Report: Fedor Emelianenko Wants Bouts With World’s Best, Including “UFC Champion Fabricio Werdum”