- A lightweight matchup between UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel and undefeated prospect Billy Evangelista will headline a November 6 “Strikeforce Challengers” event, which airs live on Showtime from the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California.
- Strikeforce has officially released heavyweight Paul Buentello, who is now expected to return to the UFC after having his contract acquired by the promotion in its August deal with Affliction.
- Two-time U.S. Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier has been added to the card for Strikeforce’s September 25 Challengers event, with an opponent expected to be announced soon.
- Strikeforce recently signed lightweight prospect Brian Travers to a five-fight deal, and has also signed TUF 8 cast member Antwain Britt to a multi-fight contract.
- Robbie Lawler’s agent, Monte Cox, is pushing for Lawler to fight Matt Lindland in his next fight, not Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza as previously expected.
- A previously-reported interim middleweight title fight between Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller that was expected to take place in October on the same card as Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers has yet to be finalized, with Shields saying that Miller won’t sign on for the fight and that it could take place in December instead.
Pictured: Jorge Gurgel