A shoulder injury likely suffered in an August grappling exhibition against Fedor Emelianenko has forced Gegard Mousasi out of DREAM’s “Super Hulk” tournament and a semifinals matchup against Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, which had been set to take place at DREAM 11 on October 6 at the Yokohama Arena in Kanagawa, Japan.
Mousasi, the Strikeforce light heavyweight champion and former DREAM middleweight title-holder, was submitted by Fedor with an armbar in the August 28 exhibition at M-1: Breakthrough.
Hong Man Choi and Ikuhisa Minowa will meet in the other “Super Hulk” semifinal bout at DREAM 11, while a replacement opponent will soon be announced for Sokoudjou.
The promotion also announced on Wednesday that lightweights Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante (14-3-1) and Daisuke Nakamura (20-10) would meet at the event, which will be televised in North America on HDNet.
The current card for DREAM 11 features:
- Joachim Hansen (c) vs. Shinya Aoki
DREAM Lightweight Championship
- Featherweight grand prix final
- Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante vs. Daisuke Nakamura
- Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joe Warren*
- Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hideo Tokoro*
- Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Daiki Hata#
- Hong Man Choi vs. Ikuhisa Minowa^
- Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. TBA^
* Featherweight grand prix semifinal
# Featherweight grand prix reserve bout
^ “Super Hulk” semifinal