Welterweight Rick Story has agreed to replace Paul Daley and square off against newcomer Brian Foster on under two-weeks notice on the preliminary card of UFC 103 on September 19 in Dallas, Texas, according to MMAjunkie.
Foster was left without an opponent last week when Daley was pulled from the matchup to replace an injured Mike Swick and fight Martin Kampmann on the UFC 103 main card.
Story (7-3) had won six-straight bouts, including a first-round submission of TUF 5’s Brandon Melendez, before dropping a unanimous decision to John Hathaway in June at UFC 99 in his UFC debut.
A member of Matt Hughes’ HIT Squad, Foster (10-3) is currently riding a three-fight win streak that includes a 5-second knockout of Mike Jackson and a 59-second KO of Kyle Baker in 2009.
The recently-finalized lineup for UFC 103 includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
- Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley
- Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
- Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
- Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
- Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries
- Steve Lopez vs. Jim Miller
- Nick Lentz vs. Rafaello Oliveira
- Brian Foster vs. Rick Story
- Jason Brilz vs. Eliot Marshall
- Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rob Emerson
“UFC 103 Countdown: Franklin vs. Belfort,” the official preview show for UFC 103, debuts on September 14 on Spike TV, while weigh-ins for the event take place on Friday, September 18 at the American Airlines Center, the same venue which hosts the 13-bout event.