Heavyweight prospect Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal kept his undefeated record intact against Mark Kerr in the main event of M-1 Global: Breakthrough on Friday in Kansas City, knocking out the veteran just 25-seconds into their headlining matchup to cap off the HDNet-televised event.
A massive favorite, Lawal improved to 5-0 with the TKO victory and should face a step-up in competition in his next fight, while Kerr falls to 15-11 and has now lost 5-straight and 10 of his last 12.
In a special sparring exhibition featured on the main card, top-ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko made easy work of Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi, following up a series of seemingly-easy takedowns with a fight-ending armbar.
In other notable action, Karl Amoussou submitted John Doyle in the opening round and said he hopes to next fight in Strikeforce, while Lucio Linhares and Jesse Gibbs also picked up victories.
The complete results for M-1 Global: Breakthrough were:
- Muhammed Lawal def. Mark Kerr via TKO (strikes) — Round 1, 0:25
- Fedor Emelianenko def. Gegard Mousasi via submission (armbar)
Special Sparring Exhibition
- Karl Amoussou def. John Doyle via submission (rear naked choke) — Round 1, 3:15
- Lucio Linhares def. Mikhail Zayats via submission (rear naked choke) — Round 1, 1:00
- Jessie Gibbs def. Rob Broughton via unanimous decision
- Michael Kita def. Lloyd Marshbanks via submission (strikes) — Round 1, 1:50
- Daisuke Nakamura def. Ferrid Kheder via unanimous decision
- Alexey Oleinik vs. Rogent Lloret — unanimous draw
- Eric Marriott vs. Tim Bazer via unanimous decision
- Sean Wilson vs. Josh Arocho via KO — Round 1, 3:05
- Rudy Bears def. Brendan Seguin via TKO (strikes) — Round 2, 1:01
- Mollie Ahlers-Estes def. Andria Caplan via TKO (doctor stoppage) — Round 1, 3:00
Pictured: Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal