“Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg” headliners Gina Carano and Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos, who meet for the newly-created Strikeforce 145-pound Women’s Championship in Saturday’s Showtime-televised main event, successfully made weight for the matchup at Friday’s official weigh-ins in San Jose, California.
Carano tipped the scale at 143-pounds, while “Cyborg” weighed in at 144.5.
The rest of the 18-fighter card also successfully made weight with the exception of Jesse Taylor, who weighed in one pound over the welterweight limit for his main card bout against Jay Hieron. A late-replacement, Taylor has one hour to shed the extra pound.
The official weigh-in results are:
- Gina Carano (143) vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (144.5)
Strikeforce 145-pound Women’s Championship (vacant)
- Renato “Babalu” Sobral (c) (201) vs. Gegard Mousasi (204)
Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship
- Gilbert Melendez (c) (155) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (155)
Strikeforce Interim Lightweight Championship
- Mike Kyle (219)vs. Fabricio Werdum (228)
- Jay Hieron (169) vs. Jesse Taylor (172)*
- Mike Cook (205) vs. Scott Lighty (202)
- David Douglas (156) vs. Justin Wilcox (154)
- Zak Bucia (170) vs. James Terry (169)
- Isaiah Hill (156) vs. Alex Trevino (156)
* Taylor has one hour to lose one pound and reach the 171-pound non-title welterweight limit.