- Ricardo Arona vs. Marvin Eastman, Paulo Filho vs. Alex Schoenauer, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Alex Stiebling, and Pedro Rizzo vs. Jeff Monson are among the fights slated to take place at Bitetti Combat on September 12 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Light heavyweight Mike Whitehead, who cut an astonishing 80 pounds over 6 weeks to reach the 205-pound limit for his June Strikeforce victory over Kevin Randleman, will next fight at an October Strikeforce event. An opponent for Whitehead and location and venue for the event are still to-be-determined. [Fanhouse]
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Don Frye has been signed for M-1 Global “Breakthrough”, which takes place on August 28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. [MMAjunkie]
- The UFC is reportedly in the preliminary stages of planning an outdoor event at the 50,000-seat Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii, with BJ Penn expected to co-headline the event.
- The UFC will go head-to-head with boxing’s biggest stars this fall, as UFC 103, headlined by Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin 2, takes place on September 19, the same day as Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s scheduled return to action against Juan Manuel Marquez and UFC 105, slated for November 14 in the UK and likely airing free on Spike, will air opposite Miguel Cotto vs. Manny Pacquiao.
- A light heavyweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter 8 cast member Eliot Marshall and Jason Brilz has been added to the rumored lineup for UFC 103. [MMAjunkie]
- Palace Fighting Championship and the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino in Lemoore, California have ended their long-running relationship, with MMA Weekly indicating that the split was not amicable and that the PFC has ceased operations, but could eventually resurface under a different name. The Tachi Palace is already in negotiations to form a partnership with another promotion to hold events at the venue. [MMA Weekly]
[Pictured: Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal]