As reported earlier on the site, Former UFC welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz is coming out of a short lived retirement and will fight once again in the UFC. He signed a two fight contract with the UFC and with one fight left on his old contract, Nick has an official three fight contract with the UFC.
UFC President Dana White today that Anderson Silva will be making his UFC return after breaking his leg at UFC 168 back in December of 2013 against Chris Weidman and will fight Nick Diaz.
“The fight that the fans have been waiting for, the fight that the fans have been screaming for … we have made Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz, Jan. 31 in Las Vegas,” White said today on ESPN’s “SportsCenter.” “It will be the main event, and it will be five rounds.”
“Anderson Silva feels great,” White said. “It will be a 13-month layoff. … He’s 100 percent healthy. He’s kicking. He feels great, and he’s chomping at the bit to get back in the octagon. He’s very excited for this fight.”
“If (Diaz) comes in and beats Anderson Silva, absolutely, he could fight for the title,” White said. “He’s right in there. It would be a huge, huge win for him.”
UFC 181 goes down January 31st from Las Vegas, Nevada. This fight will be the main event.