On the ninth episode of The Ultimate Fighter 9, Frank Lester, who was eliminated by James Wilks in week 6, is tapped to replace Jason Pierce, who was removed from the competition last week by Dana White. With the replacement now set, Lester will square off with Team UK’s David Faulkner in the final welterweight bout of the opening round.
After fighting to a draw over the first two rounds, setting up a decisive third frame, a gassed Faulkner calls it quits, allowing Lester to advance to the 170-pounds semis and evening the season series between the US and UK at 4-4.
The episode’s official result was:
- Frank Lester def. David Faulkner via TKO (corner stoppage) — Round 2, 5:00
Here’s how the teams look following this weeks fights:
- Mark Miller – Eliminated by Nick Osipczak on Episode 4
- Jason Pierce – Removed from competition on Episode 8
- Damarques Johnson (1-0)
- Frank Lester* (1-1)
- Richie Whitson – Eliminated by Ross Pearson on Episode 7
- Santino DeFranco – Eliminated by Andre Winner on Episode 5
- Cameron Dollar (1-0)
- Jason Dent (1-0)
- David Faulkner – Eliminated by Frank Lester on Episode 9
- Dean Amasinger – Eliminated by Damarques Johnson on Episode 5
- Nick Osipczak (1-0)
- James Wilks (1-0)
- Ross Pearson (1-0)
- Martin Stapleton – Eliminated by Cameron Dollar on Episode 6
- Jeff Lawson – Eliminated by Jason Dent on Episode 8
- Andre Winner (1-0)
* Eliminated by James Wilks on episode 6, but rejoined tournament on episode 9 to replace Jason Pierce.