Vitor Belfort (24-10 MMA, 13-6 UFC) released a statement about his his February drug test results. Of course, there were reports that Belfort failed the test, which led to the TRT exemptions in MMA being ended.
He said this on Instagram: “As I always said I have nothing to hide from anyone. I am releasing my statement along with all my privates test results (click the link below.) Looking forward to get my license in Nevada and fight in July. Thank you all!” http://tiny.cc/myh1gx
Vitor Belfort is expected to Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) had to pull out of the fight with Chael Sonnen (28-14-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC) The two will fight at UFC 175 in July.
VITOR BELFORT STATEMENT:
In anticipation for my hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), I want to address questions concerning a drug test I took back on February 7, 2014, that was requested by the NSAC.
At the time that the test was taken, I was considering ﬁling for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) from the NSAC. While I had not made Formal application for a TUE, the NSAC nonetheless requested I take the test and I willingly Complied. I further conﬁrmed to the NSAC, in writing, the widely known fact that I was then Presently on TRT and had been for many years leading up to that test and that I had further taken The TRT dosage recommended by my doctors the day prior.
The results of the February 7, 2014, test indicated that my testosterone level was above the therapeutic range. While levels slightly outside the normal therapeutic range are not
uncommon for some undergoing a TRT regimen, and my doctors immediately modiﬁed my therapy to return me to within the therapeutic range (as you can see the 22nd February test results was normal), I do want to acknowledge that the February 7, 2014 test indicated my level was
above the range.
Since that February 7, 2014 test, I have taken several subsequent tests, in late February, March, April and May, and the results of each test indicate my levels were either normal or
below normal. To avoid any ambiguity, I am releasing, along with this statement, the results of all the test noted above and will provide the same to NSCA for their consideration as part of my licensing application. I further welcome any additional testing that the NSAC deems appropriate and necessary with respect to being granted the privilege of a license to ﬁght here in the State of Nevada.
Shortly thereafter, on February 27, 2014, the NSAC banned all TRT and I stopped my TRT treatment that very same day. Now that I am applying for a license in Nevada, I don’t want
any clouds hanging over my ability to compete and I understand it is my responsibility to prove to the NSAC that I have the requisite ﬁtness to be licensed in Nevada. I truly appreciate and thank the Commission for considering my application, and I look forward to providing any information and answering any questions that the NSAC might have on June 17. And if the NSAC sees ﬁt to grant my application, I look forward to ﬁghting on July 5,
2014 in Las Vegas and again proving that I am one of the best ﬁghters in the world.
UFC 175 takes place July 5 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Prelims will air on Fight Pass and Fox Sports 1, while the main card will air on PPV.
The headlining fight is Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida and in the co-main event will be Ronda Rousey vs. Alexis Davis. Belfort – Sonnen will still be the third main event.