A lightweight bout has been announced for UFC Fight Night 42.
Jason High (18-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC) will drop to 155 pounds from welterweight to take on Rafael dos Anjos (20-7 MMA, 9-5 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 42. UFC officials announced the new fight booking overnight.
Jason High is dropping from 170 to 155 for this fight. Since switching from Strikeforce to the UFC he is 3-1. In his last three fights, he lost to Erick Silva via reverse triangle armbar in June of 2013. He beat James Head via guillotine choke in August and then his second straight win with a unanimous decision win over Anthony Lapsley at UFC 167.
Rafael dos Anjos
Rafael dos Anjos was on a tear before entering his last fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov. He was on a five fight winning streak from 2012 – 2013, but Nurmagomedov stopped him in his tracks with a unanimous decision loss earlier this month.
UFC Fight Night 42 takes place June 7 at Albuquerque’s Tingley Coliseum. The event’s main card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
Here is how the rest of the card:
- Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Ross Pearson vs. Diego Sanchez
- Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Jason High
- Lance Benoist vs. Bobby Voelker
- John Dodson vs. John Moraga
- Yaotzin Meza vs. Sergio Pettis
- Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
- Francimar Barroso vs. Patrick Cummins
- Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez